|Note: As of November 26 afternoon, the Zebra fabric is sold out.
Does your small dog shiver on chilly days and nights?
Tiffany, a Yorkshire Terrier
weighs 7 lbs, girth is 14"
Fleece Pull-Over Size: Toy
Does he or she need to be under a blanket during the day and under the covers at night?
This is very typical of Teacup, Toy and Small breed dogs that live indoors with their human companions. A good rule of thumb is ... if you feel somewhat chilly, then it's a good
bet that your little buddy feels somewhat chilly as well. Take our 4 dogs, weighing 20 lbs., two at 7 lbs., and 5 1/2 lbs. The three Toys, (a Chinese Crested Hairless, a Chinese Crested Powder Puff and a Yorkshire Terrier), can always be found on any available "lap" or basking in a spot of sunshine beaming through a window.
Our dogs' quest for comfort and warmth is more than just a conditioned response to "pampered" living (and there is certainly nothing wrong with that). A dog's normal body temperature is 2-4 degrees higher than that of the human body so they can experience some discomfort when the temperature in their environment takes a dip. This is especially true of dogs with "thin" coats or Hairless breeds, such as our Chinese Crested.
Giselle, a Mini Poodle
weighs 20 lbs, girth is 22"
Fleece Pull-Over Size: Medium
We have developed the perfect solution for keeping your dog warm and snuggley, day or night, it's the Fleece (Pull-Over) Dog Coat.
This time of year, we also offer the Holiday Fleece Coat
in our Holiday fleece fabric. Click here for more information and to order.
|FLEECE DOG COAT SIZING|
|When you click the BUY NOW button, you will be able|
to select the fleece fabric of your choice.
Choosing the Proper Size
To determine the correct size for your dog please follow these simple directions while referring to the Sizing Chart above. Use the largest size listed where your dog's weight does not exceed the maximum weight listed, and where your dog's girth (inches around the ribcage) does not exceed the maximum girth for the size. You may also find it helpful to refer to the Breed Sizing section below, where we list typical breeds for each coat size.
Dalila, Chinese Crested
weighs 7 lbs, girth is 14"
Fleece Pull-Over Size: Toy
Our Fleece Dog Coats come in these UDogU fleece fabrics. Each coat is trimmed in a solid color fleece as indicated below. To see larger color samples of the fabric patterns, please click here.
We have designed the Fleece Dog Coat to ensure your dog's comfort and to allow a full range of activities. Those of you with male dogs will appreciate that our Fleece Dog Coat will allow your dog to perform certain daily activities without soiling the garment. We have done our field trials with several chilly and very willing pampered dogs and we can safely say that our Fleece Dog Coat will keep your dog warm and comfy. In fact, it is so comfortable that your dog will feel like he or she is wearing its own personal fleece blanket. We use only top quality, non-pilling fleece material that is not only machine washable (line drying recommended) but, more importantly, provides warmth without weight!
Vinny, a Wire Hair Dachshund
weighs 12 lbs, girth is 17"
Dog Coat Size: Small
Easy to Put On and Take Off
Our Fleece Dog Coat is so easy to put on that your dog will look forward to wearing it. Simply put the Fleece over the head, guide the front legs through the 2 holes provided and pull the Fleece back over your dog's body (thus ... Fleece "Pull-Over" Dog Coat).
Taking the Fleece Dog Coat off is even easier than putting it on. Simply grasp the back of the Fleece and pull forward and upward, in one motion. Your dog's front legs will easily move with this motion as the Fleece pulls completely off your dog. This action is very similar to taking a jersey off a child.
Chance, Chinese Crested
weighs 5.5 lbs, girth is 13"
Dog Coat Size: Teacup Plus
Our Fleece Dog Coat is offered in 8 sizes from Teacup, for dogs up to around 4 lbs., to Medium Plus, for dogs up to around 35 lbs. Some typical breeds for each size are given below. Please note that several breeds are listed under more than one Fleece Dog Coat size because their weights, within that breed, can vary greatly.
- Chihuahua, Poodle, Miniature Pinscher, Yorkshire Terrier, Maltese
- Teacup Plus
- Dachshund, Chihuahua, Poodle, Miniature Pinscher, Yorkshire Terrier, Maltese, Chinese Crested, Italian Greyhound, Brussels Griffon, Japanese Chin
- Yorkshire Terrier, Toy Poodle, Shih Tzu, Chinese Crested, Italian Greyhound, Brussels Griffon, Papillon, Pomeranian, Toy Fox Terrier, Miniature Pinscher, Chihuahua, Maltese, Dachshund, Japanese Chin, Pekingese, Affenpinscher
- Toy Plus
- Poodle, Dachshund, Yorkshire Terrier, Papillon, Pomeranian, Chinese Crested, Shih Tzu, Chihuahua, Toy Fox Terrier, Italian Greyhound, Miniature Pinscher, Silky Terrier, Maltese, Toy Schnauzer, Japanese Chin, Pekingese, Affenpinscher
- Miniature Poodle, Dachshund, Chinese Crested, Shih Tzu, Italian Greyhound, Schnauzer, Llasa Apso, Pekingese, Silky Terrier, King Charles Spaniel, Japanese Chin, Bichon Frise, Border Terrier, Schipperke
- Small Plus
- Miniature Poodle, Dachshund, Bichon Frise, Border Terrier, Large Llasa Apso, Schnauzer, Pug, Small Beagle, Rat Terrier, Jack Russell Terrier, Whippet, Cairn Terrier, Small Sheltie, Fox Terrier, Manchester Terrier, Pekingese, Schipperke, Shih Tzu, Silky Terrier, West Highland Terrier
- Miniature Poodle, Standard Dachshund, West Highland Terrier, Fox Terrier, Jack Russell Terrier, Schnauzer, Large Pug, Beagle, Cocker Spaniel, Whippet, Sheltie, Scottish Terrier, Boston Terrier, Small French Bulldog, Welsh Corgi, Basenji
- Medium Plus
- Cocker Spaniel, Beagle, Welsh Corgi, French Bulldog, Large Sheltie, Large Boston Terrier, Standard Schnauzer
Dachshunds can pose a dilemma when trying to fit them for some garments; however, our Fleece Dog Coat sizing instructions will apply to them as well. Because of their extra length, your dog's Fleece Coat will cover slightly less of the dog's body toward the rear. This is not a problem because our Fleece Dog Coat is intended to warm your dog's chest area; where such major internal organs as the lungs and heart, are located.
Cricket, Papillon-Dachshund Mix
weighs 9 lbs, girth is 15"
Fleece Pull-Over Size: Toy Plus
Each Fleece Dog Coat is hand-made in the U.S.A. and it's guaranteed to fit, because we will gladly exchange your Fleece Dog Coat for a different size if you purchased the wrong size.
Using the Fleece Coat with a UDOGU Harness
Many of you have discovered the convenience of our Easy-On Small Dog Harnesses. Our "Easy On" Harness should be put on over your Fleece Dog Coat. Of course, if you prefer putting the Fleece on over the harness we will be happy to provide you with instructions for cutting a small slit in your Fleece Dog Coat to allow for the harness D-ring.